Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Miscellania (miscellanium?)

First: So, whilst Boyfriend and I have often had, ah, tense Moments and Discussions about The Game, I do have to say that someone gave an incredibly funny summary of Eclipse the other night: "It's basically about these vampires and a chick who's on her period 24/7." And while I do so hate the assumption that a woman is a bitch because she's on her period (and not, say, because she's just a bitch), I had to laugh, because it perfectly sums up how I felt about the ingénue in the two Twilight movies I have been unfortunate enough to see (why does one see a second one, you might ask, when the first is so bad? Because one's Boyfriend wants to see it, and for him to go either alone or with a random 12-year-old girl, who is the only other person who would want to see it, is creepy and possibly at least a misdemeanor offense in our fair state).

Second: I believe I may have found an interesting resource on examining the relationship between eating and weight and learning to Embrace the Now that I blathered on about in this post. I'm sure everyone else on the planet has heard of Geneen Roth, seen her every Oprah appearance, bought all of her books and had them personally signed during a slumber party at her house, but I am late to this here gala event, and I am most curious to read more. Because what she's said so far seems keen and interesting and much more detailed than what I've gotten so far, which, as I said, are the good-intentioned platitudes at the end of Yoga class (which is apparently not referred to as a class but rather a "practice?" As in, "Great practice today, everybody!" This phrasing makes me feel a little like a coach is going to slap me on the butt as I head for the showers, and yet I kind of like it).

Third, and this is truly minutiae and probably TMI as well, but I have to ask it: are there nefarious, small-souled people in every office who go to the Poop Bathroom/Stall (you know what I'm talking about. Do not act like you don't), clog it up, and then leave it for, one supposes, the Toilet Fairies to deal with? And of course then one (in this case, me) ends up having to unclog it and flush it like nine times and just know her coworkers are going "WHAT THE HELL IS SHE DOING IN THERE?" which is especially annoying, since I just went in to pee.

I want to write a pithy sign of the "Welcome to our ool. Notice there's no P in it. Help us keep it that way" ilk, but what does one say? "If you got it stuck / unclog it, you f— riendly coworker?"

1 comment:

  1. LOL. At least it's not crabs crawling on the seat.

    ReplyDelete

Give me a half-gallon of unleaded commentary: